Table of Contents
Looking for ways to use essential oils beyond just diffusing them?
You're in luck! This blog post will provide recipes for DIY face masks, hair treatments, and other personal care items that utilize the power of these potent natural substances.
Keep reading to learn more about how you can make your skincare products at home using essential oils!
Face masks: a simple recipe for a hydrating face mask using only three ingredients - honey, avocado, and lavender oil
Who doesn't love a good spa facial? The feeling of fresh, hydrated skin is one that you always want to maintain.
But what if you could get the same benefits at home without expensive store-bought beauty products?
Try making a homemade face mask using just three simple ingredients - honey, avocado, and lavender oil!
Not only are these ingredients easily accessible, but they provide incredible moisture and healthy nourishment for your skin!
The honey effectively hydrates and soothes dry or sensitive skin, the avocado replenishes vital oils and helps to restore elasticity, and the lavender oil relieves inflammation and stress.
To make your hydrating face mask using these three ingredients, follow the steps below:
1. Begin by mashing up a ripe avocado until it’s smooth and creamy.
2. Next, add 1 tablespoon of honey to the mashed avocado and mix until fully combined.
3. Finally, add 5-7 drops of lavender oil to the mixture and mix them together.
4. Apply the face mask in a thin even layer over clean, dry skin, avoiding the eye area.
5. Allow the mask to sit for 10-15 minutes before gently wiping it off with a damp washcloth or cotton pad.
6. Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
7. Enjoy the soft, hydrated feeling of your freshly pampered skin!
That’s all there is to it! With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can enjoy spa-like results at home anytime you need them.
Hair treatments: an easy way to add shine and softness to your hair with olive oil and lemon juice
Adding that extra bit of shine and softness to your hair doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming.
If you’re looking for an easy DIY treatment you can use ingredients from your pantry to nourish and pamper your hair like a Spanish goddess - all you need is a little olive oil and lemon juice.
Applying the mixture as a pre-shampoo treatment works best, but if you’re short on time, simply massage it into the ends of your hair after washing it for an affordable way to add luster.
Hair care doesn’t have to be complicated - give this simple yet effective home remedy a try and see for yourself!
- To apply the olive oil and lemon juice hair treatment, simply mix equal parts of both ingredients in a bowl.
- Begin by applying the mixture to your hair (particularly on the ends) and then massage it in for about 5 minutes.
- Leave it on for at least 20 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water.
- For best results on face masks, hair treatments, and other recipes using essential oils, it’s best to do this treatment once a week. With regular use, you’ll notice an incredible difference in the shine and softness of your hair!
Essential oil diffuser recipes: two refreshing and uplifting blends to try in your diffuser - citrus bliss and floral fresh
Adding essential oils to your diffuser can be a great way to boost your mood during the day.
Two of my favorite recipes to use in my diffuser at home are citrus bliss and floral fresh.
Citrus bliss is a vibrant blend that includes lemon, lime, orange, and grapefruit essential oils that together create an energizing and invigorating scent.
Each of these blends played a role in creating the perfect atmosphere for me, and I'm sure you'll love them too!
DIY body scrub: an invigorating recipe for a coffee body scrub using coconut oil, sugar, and peppermint oil
Making your body scrub is easier than it looks, and the finished product can be a great way to start a spa day at home!
- Start by mixing two tablespoons of coconut oil with two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.
- This mixture will act as the base of your invigorating scrub.
- From here, you can personalize your concoction by adding a few drops of peppermint oil -- both for the aroma, and some extra exfoliating power.
- Once your scrub is complete, store it in an airtight container or jar and enjoy the rejuvenated feeling after each use!
Conclusion: DIY simple recipes
These are just simple recipes for DIY face masks, hair treatments, and other products using essential oils - there are plenty more out there!
So go ahead and explore all the options available to you.
Whether you’re a skincare enthusiast or just looking for an easy way to pamper yourself at home, essential oils are your ticket to natural beauty with endless possibilities!
Try them out today and see the difference they can make in your life!
I hope you enjoyed these simple recipes and tips.